Get ready to be on The Voice or American Idol. Okay, maybe not, but you can learn how to sing. Singing is fun and you get to sing with friends.! Learn how to use your voice correctly and learn some of the techniques that will help you be a better vocalist. Every student will learn to sing together in a group as well as do some solo work. You will learn correct posture and breathing techniques, phrasing and how to stay on pitch.
Skills to be covered include:
* Learn to use the diaphragm
* Learn the basics of voice control
* Demonstrate proper posture
* Know 6-8 vocal warm-up exercises
* Learn breathing and breath control
* Understand the importance of diction and articulation
* Understand and demonstrate pitch, flat and sharp
* Identify and demonstrate musical phrasing
* Understand musical genres and styles of music
* Sing in a group number using melodies and harmonies.
This course is a prerequisite for CYT specialty voice classes.
If is auditioning, at least 1 guardian must sign up for a Production Team. Please select your preferred choice, however your Production Team is subject to change. You can find more information on Production Teams here.
Family Account Login:
Previous account holders (before Jul 5, 2017)
must create a NEW ACCOUNT