“Bit by bit, putting it together! “ This is the class that combines the three elements of musical theater: voice, dance and acting. Be a part of the wonderful world of musical theater by exploring storytelling choreography, vocal interpretations and how to create a character.
Class will include warm-ups, group activities, dance routines, theater games and performance.
Skills to be covered include:
* basic vocal/physical warm-up techniques,
* creating stage pictures with dance and song,
* group activities and exercises that incorporate the body and voice,
* basic dance steps often incorporated into musical theater choreography,
* telling a story through facial expressions, voice and dance,
* performing a musical show tune with a group or ensemble musical theater number from start to finish while beginning to show signs of confidence, focus, energy, and stage presence.
Born in Baton Rouge, Mackenzie has been performing in musical theatre for 12 years. She has working in theatre at the community, collegiate, and professional level. She is a recent graduate of Northwestern University with a Bachelors in Theatre concentrating in Performance and Directing where she had the opportunity to receive special training in Shakespearian acting and Film Acting. Her career has lead to wonderful opportunities with organizations such as The International Performing Arts Institute, Broadway Theatre Connection, iTheatrics, and more. She has a true love for all things theatre and feels so very blessed to add CYT to that list.
As much as she adores performing, she has a passion for teaching her craft as well. With 7 years teaching already under her belt she can not wait to begin teaching your students and watching them grow.
If is auditioning, at least 1 guardian must sign up for a Production Team. Please select your preferred choice, however your Production Team is subject to change. You can find more information on Production Teams here.
Family Account Login:
Previous account holders (before Jul 5, 2017)
must create a NEW ACCOUNT