Auditions are a wonderful way for students to gain self-confidence and experience in performing in front of people. Currently enrolled CYT students ages 8-18 are invited to audition for any one of the CYT productions each session.
1. SIGN UP (either when you register for class, or on your family account later)
: You will need a 1 min. monologue, and a 1 min. song (see the "PDFs
" Button at the top of the Parent Hub page for more info.)
3. COMPLETE AUDITION FORM
- Complete your digital Audition Form and submit. The link to this form will be sent to you in the class confirmation email after you register for class.
4. AUDITION DAY
: Show up for your audition 30 minutes early. Bring your headshot to sign in and bring your music (sheet music or downloaded on a device).
Note: you will not be able to audition without the completed audition form and an actual printed photograph.
Auditions will be open for all to watch. We will take 5 at a time. You will learn choreography the first 30 minutes. Then, your group of 5 will perform the choreography for the Artistic Team. Individual auditions will follow. Callbacks will be closed. Callbacks will be only for those we need to see again for any number of reasons.
If you are cast...
- You are limited to one minute for song and one minute for monologue. Show the best of your talents!
- Introduce yourself with energy and confidence.
- Smile, project, make eye contact with the directors.
- Sing an appropriate song in your range – a children’s song or show tune is recommended.
- Bring sheet music (preferred) or an instrumental-only song on ipod.
- Add some movement or dance.
- Perform a monologue or dance routine or other special skill if you aren’t a singer.
- You will be asked to learn and perform a short dance routine with a group.
- Please see the "PDFs" Button at the top of the Parent Hub page for the Audition Manual.
- You must be at all rehearsals for which you are scheduled. If an absence is necessary, permission must be received from the Show Coordinator or Stage Manager. Any cast member missing more than two rehearsals may not be able to participate in the show. Conflicts (other than illness) after casting are not allowed.
- All conflicts must be listed at the time of auditions, and will be taken under consideration during casting. Conflicts, other than illness, reported after casting will require that you drop the show.
- You may not leave rehearsal early.
- You must commit to approximately 40 hours of rehearsal time before move-in and dress rehearsal week.
- You must attend Super Saturday and all dress/tech rehearsals.
- You must be at all performances. This may include missing one day of school (excuses will be given upon request).
- You must pay a Production Fee of $200, due on the day of Production Fair.
- You must attend the Production Fair, which is the Sunday after callbacks.
- You need to update your Bio Paragraph by the day of the Production Fair (do this on your family account).
- Your parents must agree to attend two parent meetings and to serve 20 hours on a Parent Production Team in addition to working two shows. An "Adult Sponsor" may volunteer these hours in the place of a parent and designate the hours to a cast member.
- If student is offered a role, we will assume the student accepts. If they reject the role, please let Show Coordinator know before the production fair.
Please see the "PDFs
" Button at the top of the Parent Hub page for the Audition Manual
Parents must agree to the following:
I realize that if my child is chosen for the cast, I will be responsible to make sure he/she attends every performance and every rehearsal for which he/she is scheduled. In case of illness, I will notify the Show Coordinator or Stage Manager in advance. In order to ensure the quality of rehearsals and the production, I understand that two or more absences may result in dismissal from the show. I understand that students who audition are NOT eligible for a class tuition refund. I understand that I will be charged a $200 Production Fee for each child cast in the show which is due on day of Production Fair.
Production Fees are non-refundable.
I am also responsible for personal items (i.e., shoes, tights, make-up). I understand that I will be required to attend two parent meetings and to volunteer 20+ hours before the show and 3 nights during show week as part of a Parent Production Team. Click here for Production Fee fee policy
Please Watch this Casting Process Video: